Indiana Medical Malpractice Lawyers
When doctors, nurses, or hospital personnel make mistakes, the claims are complicated and proof of liability is complex. There are numerous procedures and deadlines that must be followed in order to achieve a successful medical malpractice claim. Litigation of these claims requires a knowledgeable and experienced medical malpractice attorney.
The attorneys at our Indianapolis law firm have successfully prosecuted over 100 medical malpractice and patients’ rights cases involving challenging medical and legal issues. Our team works diligently to obtain forceful expert testimony essential to establishing liability.
Establishing Liability with Expert Testimony
We treat each case as a new challenge: not only to develop the legal claim, but to also understand, analyze, and obtain forceful expert testimony essential to establishing liability. We consult with a board-certified doctor on all medical malpractice claims.
A substantial number of our medical malpractice cases are referrals from doctors or other attorneys who concentrate their practice in other areas and are aware of the firm’s experience with these types of claims. Rest assured that your referral will be met with the utmost dedication. Learn more about how we might partner by contacting us now.
Contingency Fee Arrangements
We offer our medical malpractice clients a contingency fee arrangement – so there is no charge to you unless there is a recovery in your case.
Orthopedic Medical Malpractice Cases
Orthopedic medical malpractice occurs when there is professional negligence by a health care provider during an orthopedic procedure. In these cases, the treatment provided falls below the accepted standard of care, resulting in patient injury or death. Sadly, these cases are all too common in our society but rest assured we are dedicated to ensuring that your rights are defended.
With more than 100 years of state and federal court experience, our Indianapolis based attorneys can provide you the expertise necessary to address your orthopedic medical malpractice case. We have experience assisting clients who have made an orthopedic medical malpractice claim relating to:
- Hand surgery
- Hip surgery
- Knee surgery
- Shoulder and elbow surgery
- Total joint reconstruction
- Pediatric orthopedics
- Foot and ankle surgery
- Spine surgery
- Musculoskeletal oncology
- Surgical sports medicine
- Orthopedic trauma
Cancer Misdiagnosis Medical Malpractice Cases
For those who have had delayed cancer diagnosis or misdiagnosis of cancer, you may be wondering what legal action is available to you. Failure to diagnosis cancer, and thus a delay in treatment, can have a major impact on a patient’s life.
Misdiagnosis can be the result of testing errors, failure to order a biopsy, improper analysis, or misdiagnosis of another disease due to inaccurate assessment of symptoms.
If your misdiagnosis or delayed diagnosis of cancer has made a dramatic difference in the course of care you have received from your healthcare provider, there may be a possibility of medical malpractice claim. Malpractice occurs when there is professional negligence by a health care provider during when the treatment provided falls below the accepted standard of care, resulting in patient injury or death. Sadly, these cases are all too common in our society but we are dedicated to ensuring that your rights are defended.
With more than 100 years of state and federal court experience, our Indiana based attorneys can provide you the expertise necessary to address your cancer medical malpractice case. We handle numerous types of cancer malpractice cases including but not limited to:
- Failure to Diagnose Breast Cancer
- Failure to Diagnose Colon and Rectal Cancer
- Lung Cancer Misdiagnosis
- Breast Cancer Misdiagnosis
- Colorectal Cancer Misdiagnosis
- Cervical Cancer Misdiagnosis
- Prostate Cancer Misdiagnosis
- Melanoma Misdiagnosis
- Bladder Cancer Misdiagnosis
- Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma Misdiagnosis
- Kidney Cancer Misdiagnosis
- Thyroid Cancer Misdiagnosis
- Endometrial Cancer Misdiagnosis
Birth Injury & Birth Defect Medical Malpractice Cases
Expectant parents worry daily about the safety of their baby, and trust that their doctor and health care providers will provide the highest standard of care and take every step possible to avoid birth injuries and birth defects. While sometimes birth injuries or defects are out of the health care provider’s control, there are instances in which the physician or hospital could have taken different measures to avoid such devastating consequences. In these cases, an experienced medical malpractice attorney can advise you of the appropriate next steps to seek justice.
Medical malpractice occurs when there is professional negligence by a health care provider during when the treatment provided falls below the accepted standard of care, resulting in patient injury or death. Sadly, these cases are all too common in our society but we are dedicated to ensuring that your rights are defended.
Actions that can result in medical malpractice relating to birth defects or injury include but are not limited to:
- Failure to anticipate birth complications
- Failure to respond appropriately to bleeding
- Failure to respond to umbilical cord entrapment
- Failure to respond to fetal distress
- Delay in ordering cesarean section
- Inappropriate administration of Pitocin
Prescription Error Medical Malpractice Cases
Unfortunately prescription medication errors are jarringly more common than one might expect. In fact, an extensive national study by the Institute of Medicine stated that over 1.5 million Americans are made ill, injured, or killed each year by errors in prescribing, dispensing, and taking medications.
Keep in mind that prescription errors can result from:
- Dispensing the wrong medication
- Providing the patient the wrong dosage of medication
- Failing to assess known drug allergies or interactions with other medications
When a doctor or medical provider negligently prescribes the wrong prescription drug medication, that individual should be held accountable. In such cases, you may have a medical malpractice case against your health care provider or pharmacist. Our attorneys are dedicated to ensuring that your rights are defended.
With more than 100 years of state and federal court experience, our Indianapolis based attorneys can provide you the expertise necessary to address your prescription error medical malpractice case. Our seasoned attorneys have extensive experience handling complex prescription error medical malpractice cases, including the following:
- Anesthesia errors
- Overprescribing pain medication
- Missed dangerous drug interaction alerts
- Doctor or nurse errors involving the type of drug or the amount prescribed
- Providing an incorrect prescription due to misunderstanding or illegible handwriting
- Pharmacy professionals filling the wrong medication, filling the improper dosage, failing to confirm negative reactions with other medications, failing to warn of the side effects of a drug
- Prescribing the wrong dose, mathematical errors resulting in dosage errors, administering too much or too little medication
- Abusing chemical restraints at a nursing home or assisted living facility
- Failing to ensure that prescribed medications do not pose threats of allergic reaction
- Ensuring a medication does not pose risk of negative interaction with other prescribed medications
- Prescribing dangerous or defective drugs without warning of the potential hazardous side effects
Hospital and Nurse’s Care Negligence Cases
When placed in a hospital, you rely on the hospital’s nurses, doctors, and medical support staff to provide you with the highest standard of care. Unfortunately, there are many situations where patients are not cared for properly, and as a result, negligence or medical malpractice occurs.
If you or a loved one has suffered harm due to neglect, malpractice, or medical errors within a hospital setting, rest assured that we can help defend your rights. Please know that if you wish to pursue a case, time is of the essence. Due to Indiana’s Statute of Limitations, patients must take legal action soon after the incident occurred in order to successfully make a legal claim. Contact us now to learn more.
With extensive experience representing those who have been the victim of improper medical care, we provide the expertise and resources necessary to help you prove your negligence claim. We can help when you or loved one have suffered injury or death due to the following situations:
- Medical errors
- Medication errors
- Administering the wrong medicine
- Administering an improper dose of medicine
- Surgical errors
- Unsanitary hospital room conditions
- Improper nutrition, malnutrition or dehydration
- Failure to keep proper records
- Failure to communicate new symptoms or concerns to a physician
- Failure to attend to a patient in a timely manner
- Injuries due to falling below the standard of care
- Bed sores
Medical negligence does not have to be associated with a physician, and in many cases, it is another hospital staff that is to blame for improper care. Medical negligence claims can be brought about against any hospital staff member such as:
- Nurses Aides
- Medical Technicians
Contact Us for a Complimentary Consultation
Our attorneys have extensive experience representing individuals and companies. We welcome the opportunity to assist you.
Contacting this law firm does not create an attorney-client relationship.
Do not provide confidential information until an attorney-client relationship has been established.